Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Big 25 for Soos

I like growing older - older and wiser, I'd like to think. Funny, I usually forget how old I'm turning and have always been in the habit of saying I'm older than I really am. For the record, I am turning 25 on Thursday and that is a fact.


I remember getting birthday cards from my brothers over the years congratulating me on my 14th birthday (when I indeed turned 16). Although I made it seem like it infuriated me at the time, I was secretly happy they remembered. I'd like to think I'm easy to please like that.


I remember my old birthday parties in the garden at home, wearing big party dresses and ribbons in my hair. I think of my 5 year old niece a lot and wonder if she enjoys her birthdays as much as I did when I was her age - I'm sure she does, who wouldn't be happy with face painting and pony rides? I cried every year I was away at her birthday, her birthday feels just as important as my own.

I wonder what it's like for my parents to see me turn 25 - surely my mum is not that old? Do they remember the day I was born, do they think of it as a milestone in their lives?

I'm feeling a bit scatterbrained these days, so I think my only birthday wish is to be a little more organised, a little more considerate, a little more caring and fitter. I've been working on the last one the most.



Happy Birthday Me tomorrow, Happy Birthday Uncle Oni today.

9 comments:

RedRum said...

its thursday now and i wanted to say a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA !! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pearl Morale said...

HAPPPPYYYYY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY love :) A nice tray of moist chewy brownies would be so appropriate right now. I will get straight on that as soon as I arrive :)
Miss you xxxxx

Mahmood Al-Yousif said...

happy birfday young lady! hope the whole day goes swimmingly for you.

Ammaro said...

i stopped celebrating birthdays at around... erm... 12 years old. youre a year closer to death, how is that a cause for celebration?

happy year closer to death sarah!

Seroo said...

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. Young lady indeed!

Ammaro - "All of our parents, they're growing older - I wonder if they've wished for anything better" I wonder.

Um Naief said...

hope you had a wonderful birthday my dear!!! what a wonderful age. enjoy it and live it to the fullest.

Seroo said...

Um Naief, thank you for the sweet comments - I am indeed enjoying every moment of it as I can! xx

Anonymous said...

Oh-ho

I missed your birthday. AGAIN! Not my fault. I swear.

Blame the CA, the CFA, and anything else that starts with a C...no not that C...but anyway. Happy birthday :)

Seroo said...

Evil odd, I have forgiven you every year for the last 10 years - there's no stopping the charity now... (10 years?! have we been friends for that long?!)

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing