Sunday, April 20, 2008

Easy updates, Ea-sy


  • I'm consumed at work and it's going well. I have dreams that my clients are in big trouble and I solve all their problems. They pronounce me their hero and have a parade with me on a float and confetti everywhere (it's a nice dream).
  • I like work here, it's good quality stuff but I miss London. I miss the office and seeing so many people every day. I miss the bigger picture of it all and unfortunately there's not much I can do about it. Luckily everyone here has been very nice to me and has made me feel welcome - almost as if I've been here for months on end. There are still many things that I miss and wish I could go back to but I will try not to think about them too much and make the most of what I've got on my plate - which is quite a lot, Thanks Godness.
  • I like to read aloud the stickers on people's cars.
  • I like spending time with Mr. Seroo, it's nice being in the same country again. It makes me happy.
  • I still don't understand how time here either gozza by so slowly or flies. I still haven't settled into a good regime and really want to get a good system going where I make the most of my time and spend every minute wisely. I need to fit reading, exercising and alone time back into my days.
  • I had a problem with my cargo. The moving company in the UK picked my stuff up from my flat and promised to put it on the next day flight to Bahrain. I kept calling them from Bahrain and they lied for 10 days and said my stuff was "in transit". When I called a little exasperated they confessed my things still hadn't left the UK and were already damaged. After much shouting over the telephone and fist banging on my desk, I sorted everything out and got all my stuff. I'm still sifting through everything to assess the levels of damage, but so far, so good.
  • I went to an art exhibition by high school students and I have to say I was very impressed. For real, these kids are really talented and so bold with their work, I was taken aback by the levels of creativity I was seeing. A lot of the work was very smart and it was so refreshing to see the kind of crazy angles that were taken - older generation art students would have never been able to create stuff like this, it was whacky cool. I'm telling you, things are changing in a cool way for kids nowadays.
  • I still haven't had a Jan Burger. I know, I know, say what you want but I'm no traitor - I'll sort it out and be in Double Jan heaven soon enough.

1 comments:

Mo said...

Thank Godness =)

Mr. Seroo is glad you're back too sweetface.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing