Thursday, April 03, 2008

For how long? Indefinitely...

That's a lie: I took the tube to the airport.

It took one decision and one week for me to pack up my life for the last seven years and leave London behind. The one decision was based on work, and of course, as if anyone could expect any different, I was back in the office the day after I arrived. Hardcore.

I've been busy at work, will be busier as I think I've been given some leeway on my first week back and have been able to go home at a reasonable hour to spend time with family and friends (and Fiance of course!). Being busier will be good, I hope that it helps my "transition" into being back here and give me some time to "adjust".

Coming back was a big surprise to many people, especially Fiance whose jaw dropped open when he saw me walk through the door - the look on his face was priceless. Many are more surprised this could be "for good". Hmmm. Let's see how that goes.

I already miss my old life behind that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to properly. Friends and favourite places still visit me in my few hours of sleep every night to tell me that they're carrying alright without me but if I need to come back they'll take me in. The Bridge misses me, or so it swears...

So now that I'm back, I will slowly give myself some time to put together my big plans and build things up for myself, maybe even to relax a little, if possible.

Here's to seeing a few of you around.

8 comments:

bint battuta said...

WELCOME BACK!!! So we'll see you at the next bloggers' gathering?

Seroo said...

Inshallah, if work committments permit! :)

Pearl Morale said...

That's a lie. We're not carrying well without you. We are miserable without you, and oh so lonely, it's driving us, & London crazy. I have nothing to console myself with other than bury my head in the mountain of books that I need to revise from and hope that I will get my ass safely back to the island to see you.
I miss you x 1000000000.

Seroo said...

Lulu, miss you times infinity - hurry up and come back... if you've read my email you'll know what I'm talking about...

RedRum said...

Aw wow I can't believe you're back in Bahrain for good. Does that mean I won't ever see you in London again :( we have to meetup in Bahrain. Good luck with everything!! :)
Sarah

Dream Chaser said...

Wow! I never know where in the world you are, madame! Granted, I haven't had a conversation with you in... forever... but I was perplexed at your reappearance in London in the first place. So, I'm neither surprised nor do I think it's necessarily a bad idea.

Best wishes :)

Seroo said...

Sarah - :( to not seeing you in London again soon! Never say never, with me, everything is up in the air... I miss it, I can't wait to go back! But at least now I can look forward to seeing you in Bahrain when you're here next... I hope you're enjoying your last stretch in "Um El Dunya" ;)!

Christine - At least now we're geographically closer, I think when Lulu comes back you should head over here for a visit... I hope you're doing well and enjoying your super busy job (you know we're proud of you!) xxx

Dream Chaser said...

I'd like that :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing