Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Breakfast Run

Recently, I had to come into work fairly in the morning - an hour earlier than usual - for a conference call that could have been without my breathing over the telephone. Being able to sit in a dark empty office all alone is nice; checking the emails and organizing the works for the rest of the day, all in absolute peace... the only noise in the office this morning was the scribbles of my pen and the grumbling of my stummy.

The race to make a call early that morning justified my race for a Starbucks treat before everyone started filing in... Breakfast is very important to me... It's that morning warm drink, be it a milky chai or a nicely brewed coffee, that gets me going in the morning... then there's the cereal, the toast, croissants, eggs (only cooked one way), bacon, sausages, the yum yums... I'm a breakfast person, as a lot of my friends can tell at 8 a.m. while we sit in someone's kitchen and my stomach sings its happy song as I flip some pancakes... ah uni days, days made for waking up for a nice full english and nothing else...

I hadn't had breakfast and it looked like I wasn't going to have lunch, so I thought, "half assed cappacino? Never" and proceeded with my order... A coffee, a panini and a muffin... Mmm... My mouth watered as they raised the melted mozerella from the press and proceeded to wrap it in its special oragami package just as my lips tingled watching the temprature rise of my extra-hot-wet-skinny-toffeenut-latte (fairtrade, always fairtrade)...two of my all time favourites that only come with winter time and when I allow myself for a treat...

They're really not the best breakfast foods - mozerella panini with sundried tomatoes and pesto shrugs a knock off riviera lunch and the latte is skinny for a reason (not everyone can stomach full fat milk my friends... not everyone...) so it's not entirely breakfast, so sue me (and take me back to the 90's, please!) but it's good sustienance for the rest of the day... and I deserve it for having to listen to a Sharon and Amit argue at 8 a.m. in the morning...

One of my favourite articles about breakfast foods is by the Daily Mail which is awesome - puts down everyone's perception of the skinny bluberry muffin in Cash Cow Coffee that isn't really that skinny... we like it when they trick us, don't we? We allow it all the time and I'm not exception... Anyway, it's a fun article to read when you're thinking of what to grab for a quick breakfast... (here)

What keeps you going for the rest of the day?

(Dedicated to the gorgeous breakfast at a said-so trendy hotel which was an absolute treat - thank you St. Martin's Lane!)

7 comments:

sh7rourita said...

hey sweety b 9raa7a mrra yeshahi kaif tw9efi el breakefast yummy!! ana i'm a f6oor person i luv waking up in the morning and eating foul,sla6a ma6boo5a,eggs, peanut butter ya slaaaaaaam 3lyh m3 enu yesamin :-(
btw i enjoy reading ur posts lool luv u xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Soos, you forgot 'cake' in that little list of yours. People eat cake for breakfast you know. Yes they do.. yes they do..!

Anonymous said...

Oh la laa! The breakfast conversation again ;) At least now I can attest to the greatness of morning coffee (along with a fresh buttery croissant, yum!) My rule has not changed much though, salty THEN sweet!

I must admit that for that particular morning I had my sweet treat first.. a friendly voice to start my day :)

Anonymous said...

I like tea and toast :)

I've been thinking about you. Hope all is well.

Love,
Christine

Seroo said...

sh7routia - I think we need to VQ it for some late night breakfast... ha, shrayek? ;) always good to know someone else enjoys breakfast as much as I do... Pancakes and scrambled eggs & smoked salmon... YUM! =p

weam - Cake for breakfast...! Cake for lunch...! Cake for la la la la la CAKE! =) A real Marie Atoinnette you are now, aren't ya?! =)

khulood - and finally, she drinks coffee.... =) friendly voices always best way to start your day, that, some starbucks & a finger pointing DOWNWARDS infront of buckinham palace (buckinham WHERE? hmph!)

Christine - I like Tea & Chapatis =) I like you! Was just talking about you to Lulu, I hope all is well with you... keep us updated on your travels, my dear!

sh7rourita said...

oh i 4got the important thing and the thing i luv in the world!!! how about KRISPY KREME??? 3la el f6oor ya salaaaaaaaaam!! yummy ;-)

Anonymous said...

oooh yeaah!! Another downward thumb to the DUCKS as well! Love you soos!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing